- A single share of Coca-Cola stock, purchased in 1919, when the company went public, would have been worth $92,500 in 1997.
- Nestle is the largest company in Switzerland, yet more than 98 percent of its revenue comes from outside the country.
- The 3 most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca-Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.
- The largest employer in the world is the Indian railway system, employing over a million people.
- Average age of top GM executives in 1994: 49.8 years.
Real Names of Celebrities!!!
- Nicholas Cage = Nicholas Coppola
- Tom Cruise = Thomas Cruise Mapother IV
- Elton John = Reginald Dwight
- Bruce Lee = Lee Yuen Kam
- Marilyn Monroe = Norma Jean Mortenson (later Baker)
- The Undertaker = Mark Calloway
Strange but true facts about the Earth!!!
- A huge underground river runs underneath the Nile, with six times more water than the river above.
- Off the coast of Florida there is an underwater hotel. Guests have to dive to the entrance.
- The USA uses 29% of the world's petrol and 33% of the world's electricity.
- Over 4 million cars in Brazil are now running on gasohol instead of petrol. Gasohol is a fuel made from sugar cane.
Strange but True Facts - Space!!!
- Yuri Gagarin survived the first manned spaceflight but was killed in a plane crash seven years later.
- Astronauts' footprints and Lunar Rover tyre tracks will stay on the moon for millions of years as there is no wind to blow them away.
Strange but True - People!!!
- The world's largest palace has 1788 rooms. It was built for the Sultan of Brunei.
- Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the US Treasury.
- Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better.
- City with the most Rolls Royce's per capita: Hong Kong.
- State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska.
- Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
- Half of all Americans live within 50 miles of their birthplace.
- If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee. (Hardly seems worth it.)
- Did you know that the 'standard' msg alert tone for a Nokia cellphone is actually a morse code which deciphers into: 'connecting people'.
- The average person, some experts estimate, speaks about 31,500 words per day.
- The risk of having a heart attack is 50% higher on mondays.
- How many people on this planet share your birthday? About 10 million.
- Smelling bananas can help you reduce weight.
- Prince Charles and Prince William NEVER travel on the same airplane just in case there is a crash.